Eric’s latest book, What If Someone I Know Is Gay?: Answers to Questions About Gay & Lesbian People, is written for readers ages twelve and up, and is published by the Price Stern Sloan division of Penguin Putnam Books for Young Readers. Eric is currently working on a new edition of Making History, which will be published in October 2001.
Eric Marcus graduated from Vassar College in 1980, where he majored in urban studies. In 1984, he received an M.S. from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.
Books by Eric Marcus
• What If Someone I Know Is Gay?: Answers to Questions About Gay & Lesbian People(Price Stern Sloan, 2000);
• Together Forever: Gay & Lesbian Couples Share Their Secrets for Lasting Happiness(Anchor, 1998, 1999);
• Icebreaker: The Autobiography of U.S. Figure Skating Champion Rudy Galindo(Pocket Books, 1997);
• Why Suicide? Answers to 200 of the Most Frequently Asked Questions About Suicide (HarperSanFrancisco, 1996);
• Breaking the Surface (Random House, 1995; Plume, 1996);
• Is It A Choice? Answers to 300 of the Most Frequently Asked Questions About Gay & Lesbian People (HarperSF, 1993,1999);
• Expect the Worst (You Won’t Be Disappointed) (HarperSF, 1992);
• Making History: The Struggle for Gay and Lesbian Equal Rights, 1945 to 1990 (HarperCollins, 1992);
• The Male Couple’s Guide: Finding a Man, Making a Home, Building a Life(HarperCollins, 1998, 1992, 1999).