September 2014 Book Club Sweepstakes
Enter by September 30, 2014 for the chance to win up to 10 copies of Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good by Jan Karon!
The #1 New York Times–bestselling author Jan Karon returns—and invites her millions of fans to join her again in Mitford.
After five hectic years of retirement from Lord’s Chapel, Father Tim Kavanagh returns with his wife, Cynthia, from a so-called pleasure trip to the land of his Irish ancestors. While glad to be at home in Mitford, something is definitely missing: a pulpit. But when he’s offered one, he decides he doesn’t want it. Maybe he’s lost his passion.
His adopted son, Dooley, wrestles with his own passion—for the beautiful and gifted Lace Turner, and his vision to become a successful country vet. Dooley’s brother, Sammy, still enraged by his mother’s abandonment, destroys one of Father Tim’s prized possessions. And Hope Murphy, owner of Happy Endings bookstore, struggles with the potential loss of her unborn child and her hard-won business. All this as Wanda’s Feel Good Café opens, a romance catches fire through an Internet word game, their former mayor hatches a reelection campaign to throw the bums out, and the weekly Muse poses a probing inquiry: Does Mitford still take care of its own?
Millions of fans will applaud the chance to spend time, once more, in the often comic and utterly human presence of Jan Karon’s characters. Indeed, they have never been more sympathetic, bighearted, and engaging.
Enter for a chance to win: A maximum of ten (10) copies of Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good by Jan Karon for your book club (Approximate Retail Value up to $200.00). No purchase necessary. Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia age 18 or older. Sweepstakes begins September 2, 2014. Entries must be received no later than September 30, 2014, 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time. Winner will be selected at random on or about October 7, 2014. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited by law.
Official Rules for the
September 2014 Book Club SweepstakesNO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older. How to Enter:
- To enter the September 2014 Book Club Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), review these Official Rules and fill out the entry form, including your first and last name, number of members of your book club (maximum of ten), mailing address and email address. You may also opt-in to the Penguin newsletter. Sweepstakes begins September 2, 2014. Entries may be sent via this website only and must be received no later than September 30, 2014, 11:59:59 PM, Eastern Time. Limit one entry per person and per book club. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the computer servers of Penguin Online, a division of Penguin Group (USA) LLC (“Sponsor”). Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries.
- Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
- From all eligible entries received, one (1) winner will be chosen in a random drawing held on or about October 7, 2014 by Sponsor, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
- Winner will be notified by email. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- One winning book club will receive a maximum of ten (10) copies of Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good by Jan Karon (Approximate Retail Value up to $$200.00).
- In the event that there is an insufficient number of eligible entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes.
- No substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- All expenses, including taxes (if any), related to receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Should the ARV of the prize equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer Identification Number to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form
- By accepting the prize, winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her name likeness, hometown and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, including posting on the Sponsor’s website, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrants release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and the agencies of any of them and the authors and/or editors of any books promoted hereby from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expense arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
- Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and by entering the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.