October 2014 Book Club Sweepstakes
Enter by October 31, 2014 for the chance to win up to 10 copies of Five Days Left by Julie Lawson Timmer!
Five Days Left is a heart-wrenching drama about a world in which there are no easy answers. With an unflinching gaze, Julie Lawson Timmer explores what makes a family, what happens when bonds (familial and otherwise) are tested, and the relationships we forge that change our lives. This novel feels as true as life.” —Christina Baker Kline, #1 New York Times–bestselling author of Orphan Train
Destined to be a book club favorite, a heart-wrenching debut about two people who must decide how much they’re willing to sacrifice for love.
Mara Nichols is a successful lawyer, devoted wife, and adoptive mother who has received a life-shattering diagnosis. Scott Coffman, a middle school teacher, has been fostering an eight-year-old boy while the boy’s mother serves a jail sentence. Scott and Mara both have five days left until they must say good-bye to the ones they love the most.
Through their stories, Julie Lawson Timmer explores the individual limits of human endurance and the power of relationships, and shows that sometimes loving someone means holding on, and sometimes it means letting go.
Read a “Dear Reader Letter” from the author!Follow Julie Lawson Timmer!
Enter for a chance to win: A maximum of ten (10) copies of Five Days Left by Julie Lawson for your book club (Approximate Retail Value up to $200.00). No purchase necessary. Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia age 18 or older. Sweepstakes begins October 1, 2014. Entries must be received no later than October 31, 2014, 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time. Winner will be selected at random on or about November 7, 2014. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited by law.
Official Rules for the
October 2014 Book Club SweepstakesNO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older. How to Enter:
- To enter the October 2014 Book Club Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), review these Official Rules and fill out the entry form, including your first and last name, number of members of your book club (maximum of ten), mailing address and email address. You may also opt-in to the Penguin newsletter. Sweepstakes begins October 1, 2014. Entries may be sent via this website only and must be received no later than October 31, 2014, 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time. Limit one entry per person and per book club. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry will be the computer servers of Penguin Online, a division of Penguin Group (USA) LLC (“Sponsor”). Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries.
- . Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account.
- From all eligible entries received, one (1) winner will be chosen in a random drawing held on or about November 7, 2014 by Sponsor, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
- Winner will be notified by email. Individuals who receive notification of winning must respond within fourteen (14) days, or will forfeit their prize. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- One winning book club will receive a maximum of ten (10) copies of Five Days Left by Julie Lawson (Approximate Retail Value up to $200.00).
- In the event that there is an insufficient number of eligible entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes.
- No substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- All expenses, including taxes (if any), related to receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Should the ARV of the prize equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer Identification Number to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form.
- By accepting the prize, winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her name likeness, hometown and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, including posting on the Sponsor’s website, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- . LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrants release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and the agencies of any of them and the authors and/or editors of any books promoted hereby from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expense arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
- Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and by entering the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.