Open the door to greater communication with your preverbal child through Baby Sign Language. This practical, illustrated guide shows how simple, easy-to-remember gestures can be used by you and your baby or toddler—to convey thoughts, needs, questions, and answers. It’s easy, and babies absolutely love it!
Baby-signing takes just a few hours to learn, and can be taught to babies as young as six months of age. In this volume, workshop instructor Karyn Warburton presents more than 200 baby-friendly signs covering a wide variety of subjects that little ones will love to learn and use, and will develop their cognitive skills, cut down on communication frustration, and create a stronger bond. This delightful, easy-to-use book features:
• Clear, step-by-step instructions—based on the Baby Talk workshop format
• Photographs and drawings to illustrate each sign
• Baby-centered sign language activities, including songs and storytelling
• Signs graded for difficulty levels
• Tips on how to introduce and reinforce key signs