A college grad has specific questions when trying to land the first job after school. How are just a few candidates chosen from a stack of hundreds of resumes? What exactly do recruiters want to hear in an interview? What are the common job-hunting mistakes students make time and time again? Confessions of a Recruiting Director gives the inside scoop on the entire hiring process- from a top recruiting director who’s seen and heard it all-and delivers a specific, step-by-step approach to beating the odds.
- Step 1: Resumes-how to pass the 15 Second Test
- Step 2: Networking-how to use connections to get a job
- Step 3: Cover Letters-why nine out of ten never get read
- Step 4: Ace the Interview- the shocking truth about what recruiters want
- Step 5: Thank-You Notes- making a lasting impression
- Step 6: Follow Up-the fine line between persistence and stalking