From George Washington to Barack Obama, this collection of weird and wild—but true!—facts will show you a whole other side of our nation’s leaders:
- Andrew Jackson was married to a bigamist.
- Martin Van Buren wore pistols in the Senate chamber in case things got too rowdy.
- Franklin Pierce ran over a woman with his horse while in office and was arrested, but was released when the police realized he was the president.
- James Garfield could simultaneously write Greek with one hand and Latin with the other.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower’s nickname for his staff driver was “Private Parts.”
- Barack Obama can bench press 200 pounds.