For a woman who has experienced a miscarriage, stillbirth, or the death of an infant, conceiving another child can be fraught with mixed emotions. This guide, filled with up-to-date medical information and written by a woman who herself experienced a successful pregnancy after the loss of her first baby, can help women cope with their anxiety. It offers guidance for women asking such questions as:
- Why did it happen—and how can I make sure it doesn’t happen again?
- Will my next pregnancy be considered high-risk?
- How long should I wait before getting pregnant again?
- What can I expect at prenatal exams?
- Will I ever be able to love another baby as much as I love the one I lost?
Pregnancy after a loss can be a time of great emotional upheaval—but also, a time of healing and hope. With this sensible, sensitive guide, women can put their minds at ease—and learn to look forward to the future as they make peace with the past.