Although hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is routinely prescribed for millions of American women with menopause, little is known about its long?term efficacy??or its side effects. As more women seek alternatives to the synthetic or animal estrogens used in HRT, a growing body of scientific research suggests that the effects of menopause can be countered naturally?through diet.Using the latest research on nutrition for women, including antioxidant vitamins, calcium, and fats, the authors provide a symptom?by?symptom breakdown to help women recognize and address their nutritional needs. Discover:
- Nutrients that nourish your skin from the inside out
- What to eat to beat hot flashes and fatigue
- Foods that produce natural tranquilizers for your body.
- Nominated for the 1996 IACP “Health and Special Diet” award and “Books for a Better Life” award.
- Forthcoming from Plume is SOSfor PMS, by Lissa DeAngelis and Molly Siple.