These days, the fundamentals of advertising that truly build great brands are often overlooked. But Steve Lance and Jeff Woll are leading a back-to-what-works movement with The Little Blue Book of Advertising.
This is a short, fun-to-read, practical book designed to be read quickly and referred to again and again. Each of their fifty-two ideas relates to day-to-day problems with real examples, then provides an innovative, sometimes blunt solution. For instance:
- #3 Read what your customer reads, watch what she watches
- #10 Quality is the absence of nonquality signals
- #15 Sell the benefit, the advantage, and the feature—in that order
- #19 Get the no-bodies out of your approval process
- #41 Know when and how to scream “sale”
Just as Jeffrey Gitomer’s hugely successful The Little Red Book of Selling became the gotta-have resource for salespeople, Steve Lance and Jeff Woll have written the perfect handbook for what does and doesn’t work in today’s advertising world.