A new era has dawned in Hollywood, with a wave of innovative filmmakers redefining the art of big-screen entertainment for modern audiences. Entertainment journalist Josh Horowitz provides an in-depth look at twenty directors on the leading edge through a series of candid interviews.
Horowitz covers a full range of styles and sensibilities—revealing both the points of agreement and the sharp distinctions among this eclectic group:
* Kevin Smith’s do-it-yourself aesthetics in Clerks and Chasing Amy
* Michel Gondry’s surreal dreamscapes in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
* Trey Parker’s love of fart jokes in South Park
* How Jon Favreau’s teenage obsession with Dungeons & Dragons helped make Swingers
* Todd Philips’ journey from documentary filmmaker to box-office success with Old School