Fascinating…Unbelievable…Gross! These are just a few of the responses readers will hear when they impress their friends with facts from the quirky new book of body trivia, Why You Shouldn’t Eat Your Boogers & Other Useless or Gross Information About Your Body by Francesca Gould.
This collection of little-known facts about the human body answers the questions you have always wanted to ask but never dared to, such as:
- Can smoking make your teeth fall out?
- Is it safe to eat moldy food after the mold’s been cut off?
- Do intelligent people have bigger brains?
- How do astronauts poo in space?
- Have you ever heard of Dr. Strangelove Syndrome? It’s a rare condition caused by damage to certain parts in the brain, which results in a person’s hand acting independently and taking on a life of its own.
- Did you know that there is also a rare condition called Foreign Accent Syndrome, which results in people suddenly developing a foreign accent?
- Have you ever wondered if a heart transplant could change your personality? The short answer is, yes!
- Did you know that men used hair gel 2000 years ago during the Iron Age?