How to Plan an Author Appearance
Welcome to the home for Penguin Young Readers Group’s author and illustrator appearances! We want to help you bring great authors to your school or library. Below is a step-by-step guide to planning your next event. Please feel free to reach out to our Author Appearance Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org any questions.
- Learn the Basics
- Choose Your Authors Please visit our Author Appearance Roster to see a list of authors who make school and library appearances. Keep in mind that many of them do virtual Skype visits as well! Feel free to also peruse our website o discover any of our authors who would be best for your event. We suggest checking out our interactive State Awards Map to find an author perfect for your area.
- Request Your Author(s)It’s easy! Send an inquiry email to our Author Appearance Coordinator email@example.com with your contact information as well as the details of your event and which author(s) you are interested in hosting.Don’t see the author selection you’re looking for? Feel free to also firstname.lastname@example.org for information on any Penguin author you have in mind or for guidance on choosing and inviting an author to your event.
- Prepare for your EventOnce you have scheduled your event and you have a finalized and signed the event contract, you’ll need do the following to get ready:
- organize transportation
- have equipment ready for the presentation depending on the technical needs of the author you are hosting
- provide a schedule to the author/illustrator
- prepare the payment
Author Access with Romina Russell, Author of Zodiac
- How will you format your Skype visits with classrooms and libraries?
- What is your favorite part of visiting a school or library?
- What words of advice do you have for aspiring young writers?
- Is there anything teachers and librarians should know before you visit?
The circus is coming! We are so excited for Cassie Beasley to discuss her incredible debut novel #CircusMirandus on our... 1 week ago
Tiny always knew he was born to be a star! Check out Tiny's star-studded musical in HOLD ME CLOSER, on shelves today!... 2 weeks ago
We think the lesson from Brand Assistant Chloe's favorite teacher is super important! #MyFaveTeacher 2 weeks ago
Congratulations @TaylorLibrarian on winning our #Selma giveaway! She will receive sets of #Turning15OnTheRoadToFreedom &... 6 hours ago
WOW we love it! RT @JamiesonV: Whoa! Amazing window display at Kidsbooks in Vancouver! @penguinkids @PenguinClass... 7 hours ago
RT @penguinkids: Happy book birthday to @jakemarcionette! #JUSTJAKE 2: DOG EAT DOG is available today! ... 7 hours ago