How to Plan an Author Appearance
Welcome to the home for Penguin Young Readers Group’s author and illustrator appearances! We want to help you bring great authors to your school or library. Below is a step-by-step guide to planning your next event. Please feel free to reach out to our Author Appearance Coordinator at email@example.com any questions.
- Learn the Basics
- Choose Your Authors Please visit our Author Appearance Roster to see a list of authors who make school and library appearances. Keep in mind that many of them do virtual Skype visits as well! Feel free to also peruse our website o discover any of our authors who would be best for your event. We suggest checking out our interactive State Awards Map to find an author perfect for your area.
- Request Your Author(s)It’s easy! Send an inquiry email to our Author Appearance Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information as well as the details of your event and which author(s) you are interested in hosting.Don’t see the author selection you’re looking for? Feel free to also email@example.com for information on any Penguin author you have in mind or for guidance on choosing and inviting an author to your event.
- Prepare for your EventOnce you have scheduled your event and you have a finalized and signed the event contract, you’ll need do the following to get ready:
- organize transportation
- have equipment ready for the presentation depending on the technical needs of the author you are hosting
- provide a schedule to the author/illustrator
- prepare the payment
- How do you typically format your Skype visits with classrooms and libraries?
- What is your favorite part of the visits?
- What words of advice do you have for aspiring young writers?
- Is there anything teachers and librarians should know before you visit?
Searching for some new books for 8-12 year old readers? Penguin Kids just created an amazing new tumblr filled with great... 1 month ago
Check out this great interview with Gayle Rosengren on Brightly in which she talks about historical pen pals, books that she... 2 months ago
The letters of the alphabet are awesome - even when they're noisy! If your readers are wanting to connect with an... 6 months ago
RT @PRHLibrary: We thought this was interesting... @PenguinClass https://t.co/4UOkeeani3 13 hours ago
RT @NinjasRead: GET YOUR NINJA ON! This Sat, Dec 5th at @booksofwonder with @CoreyPBNinja and @toddtarpley... 13 hours ago
#NinjaStorytimeDay is one week away! Learn how to celebrate on @CoreyPBNinja's website: https://t.co/WeIPj7R3OM 2 days ago