How to Plan an Author Appearance
Welcome to the home for Penguin Young Readers Group’s author and illustrator appearances! We want to help you bring great authors to your school or library. Below is a step-by-step guide to planning your next event. Please feel free to reach out to our Author Appearance Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org any questions.
- Learn the Basics
- Choose Your Authors Visit our Author Appearance Roster to see a list of authors previously featured on our website. Feel free to also peruse our website from the homepage to discover any of our authors who would be best for your event. We suggest checking out our interactive State Awards Map!
- Request Your Author(s)It’s easy! Send an inquiry email to our Author Appearance Coordinator email@example.com with your contact information as well as the details of your event and which author(s) you are interested in hosting.Don’t see the author selection you’re looking for? Feel free to also firstname.lastname@example.org for information on any Penguin author you have in mind or for guidance on choosing and inviting an author to your event.
- Prepare for your EventOnce you have scheduled your event and you have a finalized and signed the event contract, you’ll need do the following to get ready:
- organize transportation
- have equipment ready for the presentation depending on the technical needs of the author you are hosting
- provide a schedule to the author/illustrator
- prepare the payment
You definitely want to check out this amazing book trailer for MOSQUITOLAND. A quirky and moving coming of age YA novel from... 4 days ago
We know Lynda Mullaly Hunt's books are perfect for the classroom which is why we created an educator's guide featuring both... 1 week ago
Attending ALA Midwinter in Chicago and want to hear about our most exciting upcoming titles? Come to our joint book buzz... 1 week ago
We're ready for you librarians! Come meet and toast @sabaatahir in our booth #4815 at 6pm #ALAMW15 #AnEmberInTheAshes... 2 hours ago
#alamw15 attendees: learn about some of our best upcoming books at our book buzz w/ @PenguinLibrary tmw at 3:30pm!... 2 hours ago
We're gearing up for the #SuperBowl this weekend with our #FridayRead FANTASY LEAGUE by Mike Lupica! http://t.co/Pcmxyzy7Vl 3 hours ago