Read More... Favorite Teen Authors and Other High School Reads • Reaching Reluctant Readers • Book Clubs and Tips • Classics
Using Books to Promote Compassion and Camaraderie
High school is a challenging time in every teen's life: new school, new classmates, new teachers, new classes. Everything seems bigger, more difficult, and more intense. At this time in students' lives, their support system—friends, family, teachers—is extremely important. With the increased presence of bullying in schools, it is essential that students learn to treat each other with understanding and compassion.
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
A classic and essential teen read from Printz Honor-winner, Laurie Halse Anderson
- Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
An emotionally wrenching, lyrically written look at the deadly dangers of anorexia
- Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson
A thought provoking exploration of what it means to be a man.
- Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson
No amount of planning can prepare Kate for her senior year.
Teens love to read about characters and situations that reflect themselves and their own experiences. Finding an author with a sizable backlist gives them an opportunity to read all summer long.
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
A critically acclaimed novel that will change the way you look at life, love, and family.
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Don't miss the lyrical and emotionally charged follow up, Where She Went.
Know a teen who can't get enough of Sarah Dessen? Tell them to check out www.sarah-land.com where they can chat with other fans, view trailers, and enter to win prizes.
- What Happened to Goodbye? by Sarah Dessen
- Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
- Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen
- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Did you know that when John Green isn't writing books for teens he's a prolific video blogger? See what John has to say at www.johngreenbooks.com.
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Stories by Edgar Allan Poe
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Fire by Kristin Cashore
The exquisitely romantic and breathtaking companion to bestselling teen fantasy Graceling.
- Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
A heart-pounding, page-turning New York Times bestselling thriller.
- Sapphique by Catherine Fisher
Find out what happens next as Finn's adventure continues.
- Eon by Alison Goodman
Action a stunning magic system—swordplay galore!
- Eona by Alison Goodman
The conclusion to the saga that began with Eon.
Between Shades of Gray is a novel that will steal your breath and capture your heart as it elegantly delves into a little-known event in history telling the tale of fifteen-year-old Lina, a Lithuianian girl who is sent to a work camp in the coldest reaches of Siberia during World War II.