#TwitterFiction Festival 2015
, a five-day celebration of storytelling, sponsored by Penguin Random House, the Association of American Publishers, and Twitter, kicks off online on Monday, May 11 at 9:00 a.m. (ET), beginning with Penguin author Celeste Ng, as she unravels a love story from a note that she found hidden in the Cambridge Public Library.
This year’s festival also includes Dutton author Eric Jerome Dickey and
additional renowned writers from a large cross-section of publishers. For more details and to follow the festival, visit: twitterfictionfestival.com
#TwitterFiction Festival Live!
is being presented at SubCulture (45 Bleecker Street) in New York City on Wednesday, May 13. The storytelling variety show (and official live companion event of #TwitterFiction Festival 2015
) will be hosted by stand-up comedian Nick Turner
) and feature Penguin Random House authors as they create Twitter Fiction on stage. Stories will be brought to life with crowd-sourced elements from Twitter, live illustrations by visual artist, Michael Arthur (@inklines
) and music by Mike Brun (@mbrun12
The #TwitterFiction Festival Live! author lineup includes:
- Myke Cole (@MykeCole), security contractor, government civilian, and military officer who is author of the Shadow Ops series and Gemini Cell.
- Lyndsay Faye (@LyndsayFaye), the internationally bestselling author of the Timothy Wilde trilogy, which includes The Gods of Gotham, Seven for a Secret, and the forthcoming, The Fatal Flame.
- Gayle Forman (@gayleforman), journalist and award-winning, internationally bestselling author of If I Stay, Where She Went, Just One Day and Just One Year.
- Anna North (@annanorthtweets), author of the forthcoming novel, The Life and Death of Sophie Stark and a staff editor at The New York Times.
- Daniel José Older (@djolder) author of Half-Resurrection Blues and member of the Ghost Star band.
#TwitterFiction Festival Live! Tickets, are $20, include one complimentary glass of wine and can be purchased in advance at twitterfictionfestival.eventbrite.com
glass of wine and can be purchased in advance at twitterfictionfestival.eventbrite.com