Rise X Penguin Workshop
To engage, empower, and evolve the youngest readers (ages 0-5) with authentic, relevant, and elegant books.
Publishing books for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers is an immense responsibility. At RISE, we have the power to inspire our readers to become a generation of empowered, confident, self-loving, empathetic, and resilient people… all through the power of exposure. Every book we publish serves to help children feel smart, capable, important, safe, and loved.
Our authors are experts in their subjects, either lived or learned, writing in language that is age-specific. Our illustrators are artists and creators in their own right, making art infused with experience, passion, and purpose. Together, we create books with imagery and information that authentically interest our readers and grow them into people who love books and love themselves. What could be more important than this?
Follow us on Instagram @risebooks
At RISE, we welcome any submission, text or art, that sits within our mission to empower the youngest readers, ages 0-5. We accept submissions from agents, previously published authors and illustrators, and aspiring authors and illustrators.
Established or aspiring authors, please send work that you create from a place of expertise, lived or learned.
Established or aspiring illustrators, please send samples that show your voice and feel like part of a larger idea or body of work. Concept-driven passion projects encouraged. No prior experience in the 0-5 realm is necessary, just a spark of relevancy and applicability to our mission.
For those who do not have an existing contact/relationship with someone at RISE or Penguin Workshop, please send your submission to: email@example.com. We will do our best to get back to you, but based on volume, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a response to every submission.
RISE x Penguin Workshop Launch
Take a look at our launch catalog
People are talking about RISE:
- Caution: Road Signs Ahead named a Kirkus BEST BOOK OF 2021
- Being You: A First Conversation About Gender named a Kirkus BEST BOOK OF 2021
- Kirkus’ STARRED REVIEW of Families Grow
- Our Skin: A First Conversation About Race named an American Library Association Notable Book of 2022
- School Library Journal’s review of Get Together
- Publishers Weekly STARRED REVIEW of How to Say Hello to a Worm
- I Am the Storm named a Bank Street Books BEST BOOK OF 2021
- Publishers Weekly review of I Am! Affirmations for Resilience
- Olu & Greta named a Kirkus BEST BOOK OF 2021
- Horn Book Review’s STARRED REVIEW of Solitary Animals
- Kirkus’ STARRED REVIEW of The Invisible Alphabet
- Publishers Weekly review of Three Ways to Be Brave: A Trio of Stories
- When Cloud Became a Cloud named a School Library Journal BEST BOOK OF 2021
- Cecily Kaiser’s Interview with ChildrensIllustrators.com
- Cecily Kaiser’s Interview with Momtastic.com